If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Statement of Reasons

Options
annieshake
annieshake Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi guys. After being refused PIP I went to tribunal, which took place 16.01.19. I lost that too because I was a bag of nerves and couldn't convey my limitations. I asked for a Statement of Reasons. I heard nothing until 28.05.19 - when I was informed my request had been passed to a Judge. I complained about the 4 month delay and was given £100 compensation. The thing is I STILL haven't had my SoR - and it's nearly 12 months. Of course I phone regularly and am told "it's with the judge for signing". I've asked my MP to help, but I'm waiting for his response.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,581 Championing
    Options
    Hi @annieshake and a very warm welcome to the community! I'm really sorry to hear this, it must be extremely frustrating! I'm tagging my colleague @Joanne_Scope to see if she can offer any information. 
    Scope

• annieshake
    annieshake Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you Chloe
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Empowering
    Options
    Hi @annieshake,

this does seem to be an unacceptable length of time! 

If you have an adviser then it may be worth looking at the Judicial Review project that is being run by the Child Poverty Action Group. This is a way to present a  legal challenge to a public body against delays or refusal to act. Frequently a pre-action letter is enough to get a result. It may be a good idea to look for an adviser on  Advicelocal  to see if this would be appropriate.

Joanne 
    Scope
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.