Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Statement of Reasons
Hi guys. After being refused PIP I went to tribunal, which took place 16.01.19. I lost that too because I was a bag of nerves and couldn't convey my limitations. I asked for a Statement of Reasons. I heard nothing until 28.05.19 - when I was informed my request had been passed to a Judge. I complained about the 4 month delay and was given £100 compensation. The thing is I STILL haven't had my SoR - and it's nearly 12 months. Of course I phone regularly and am told "it's with the judge for signing". I've asked my MP to help, but I'm waiting for his response.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.