Free prescriptions — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Free prescriptions

robinhood8
robinhood8 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
Hi everybody happy new year I am claiming universal credit and ESA am I entitled for free prescriptions

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

For those claiming UC with the LCWRA element, which you are then for free NHS treatment then if you or your partner (if you have one) doesn't work at all then you'll qualify for the free NHS treatment.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    @robinhood8...Not exactly sure as I live in a civilised part of the UK where all prescriptions are free, i.e. paid for by our devolved government.  Even if you don't qualify you should be able to buy a pre-payment certificate which will save you megabucks.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    I have a pre-payment certificate, it saves me a fortune! But in a few months time,i get my medication for free,I'll be 60. Knowing my luck,the government will put up the age of that to 65 just as i get to 60! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Robin will qualify for free prescriptions when claiming UC if he/she has earned income of less than £935 for the assessment period in which he receives the prescription. From memory because i remember robin from other threads where i've advised them, they have no earned income because they are unable to work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I qualify for for free prescriptions on three levels, 1)my epilepsy  2) ESA IR  3) I am now over 60.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.