Underpaid ESA - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Underpaid ESA

Options
2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,341 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ok, having found some information your views on the "date of conversion" is what's confusing you here. People didn't start transferring across to ESA from IB until 2011, this means that backdated money is only being paid back from this date.

The dates you stated that you moved across can't be correct here because the transferred hadn't started as early as that.

When the underpayments were first announced they were paying back to 2014, then some months later it was announced it would be from 2011. See link here dated July 2018. https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-19/debates/A7EEF60F-884F-413C-AB6C-CD1226E483D6/ESAUnderpayments

I think you should take all of your paper work to an advice agency near you for them to take a look because requesting the MR/Tribunal if you're definitely not owed any backdated money is a lot of effect and stress.

I wish you good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Charliewillis
    Charliewillis Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Hi Poppy, I was moved from long term Incapacity Benefit on early 2009, I have been onto the DWP and they have confirmed this but,I had a lodger staying with me and they are disputing that the lodger was my partner,there is a lot of confusion over this,I am waiting on a form from them for me to fill in and explain that she is not my partner then they will look at my case again,hopefully get this sorted once and for all,to drop a benefit from £111-20 a week IB to £72 -10 cb ESA has been a very hard struggle for me to survive on,from this ESA I was paying part rent and part council tax and electric bills and trying to feed myself on the cheapest food available,I have lost thousands in benefit because one man did not take into consideration the hardship this would cause so many people, I am going to wait for the outcome of the form I return to them and see where I stand in this,thank you for your reply Poppy 123456.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.