Does anyone know any online course sites? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone know any online course sites?

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
For example future learn 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Tammyjane33   Found this for you.

https://www.futurelearn.com.

I would have a look.

Please may I suggest if you do not mind, something to consider.

My health conditions, my addiction effected my diet so did a lot of courses on nutrition.

Open University got started so used them, did modules and obtained qualifications in food science, medicine for food and holistic medicine.

Understanding Health Part 2 used all these to help and heal me but can be used as a employment opportunities.

Work with members of our community like you and me. Wishing to instil healthy lives.

A lot of Community Health Units run wellbeing services.

Just an idea also can run from home be self employed using web or SKYPE. One met a support worker she does this £90 a hour for consultations.

Hope that inspires you also one other find well being courses on line, things like Chi Tai or other things meditations or alternate therapies , use a lot of these.

Hope you doing OK not into  too much pain today.

Your friend

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    edited January 2020
    I agree wholeheartedly with Spiceman....a couple of years back I fancied doing a course on communications .I have been into shortwave radio in a big way over the years ....but after I applied for an online course with the open university , I took really unwell just after my application and even though I got accepted , I had to postpone the course due to my health problems . The open university was back in touch four or five months ago to see if I was well enough to go ahead with the course ...i was feeling decent for a wee while but i was waiting on various decisions on PIP etc so i put it off again . I,m  glad i put it off as from four or five month ago it has been one thing after another ...my PIP , my wife retiring and the changes in benefits ect .. ... my head is not in the correct place just now for me personally.  .....but if you feel you want to learn then I would also advise the open university . You can go as far as you like to go with courses ect....and they will help in every step of the way ..Good luck Tammyjane?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Tammy, don't know if you might be interested in learning a new language, but Duolingo is a free online programme too. I'm trying to learn German. You can do as little or as much as you'd like each day. See: https://www.duolingo.com/
    Perhaps you need to search about where your interests lie. You can still learn about many subjects online, unless you're hoping for an online course that results in a qualification, e.g. my son taught himself quite a bit about computer programming & astronomy.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I don't know if you've tried them, but The Open University have OpenLearn, @Tammyjane33.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tammyjane33, is there anything specific that you want to learn? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.