Universal recording assessment advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal recording assessment advice

Options
Tombbloom
Tombbloom Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello,

I have an assessment coming up quite soon and I'd like to know how I go about recording the assessment, which specific devices I require and any technical requirements there may be.

Thanks very much,

Tombbloom

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2020
    Options
    HI and welcome.

You need to use either 2 CD or tape recorders because you need to produce 2 identical copies. One must be handed in at the end of the assessment. You must also ring the health assessment providers before the day of the assessment and get permission to record. Phones, laptops and dictaphones and not allowed.

As it's a work capability assessment you can request for it to be recorded but there could potentially be a delay with the assessment taking place if you do this.

Hope this helps.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tombbloom
    Options
    Thank you for all the information!

When you say as its a work capability assessment i can request for it to be recorded - does that mean they will record it if I request it? Or I still have to provide my own recording equipment and tapes?

Thank you so much
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome,

They will provide the equipment but as i advised, there maybe quite a considerable delay with the assessment taking place if you request the recording.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • biglado
    biglado Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    They will say their equipment is broken. And you can supply your own at about £350
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2020
    Options
    biglado said:
    They will say their equipment is broken. And you can supply your own at about £350

Despite the fact that this person has now been removed from the forum, as a community champion here on scope, i can tell you for a fact the even if you did use your own equipment it will most certainly not cost £350. They are infact available from argos for £30 but you will need to use 2 of them. See link for confirmation. https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5740413

• Tombbloom
    Options
    Thank you Poppy for all your help -- would the tape recorder you just linked be applicable for PIP assessment recording in addition to work capability assessments?

Thank you
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome,

Yes they will be fine. If you do record the assessments yourself you will need to get permission before the day of the assessments.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.