Should I suspend my PIP claim? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I suspend my PIP claim?

Options
Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
I'm not working at the moment and most of my problems are caused by interaction with people, communication, social interaction etc because of the ASD. So right now I am safe most of the time from my big problem. But still have depression and anxiety and unlike my ex counsellors think that is caused by circumstances, not ASD.
So if PIP is about how my condition affects me every day, I'm not working so I'm safe almost entirely from it.
So should I suspend the claim till I get a job?
I think in the spring will see if I can get some gardens to do as not surviving on benefit money. Gardening and animal work is my thing, did it for 14 years but it doesnt pay well and have big financial problems now. But gardening and animal work mean low contact with people.
I'm not getting any support now and have ok days and bad days when I think I'm heading for a breakdown.
Supposed to be moving this year and know I need to get away from this isolated area but not sure now about the move as dont have much contact at all with cousins.
Going off subject, so will save for another post.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You avoid interacting with people because it causes you issues but it doesn't mean you're not affected by them still. It's your decision whether you stop your PIP claim but i'd advise you to continue with it. If you're already claiming PIP and i can't remember if you do, then you can't just suspend it. If it's a review then you would just not return the form, this way your PIP will stop because you haven't returned the form.

Good luck, what ever you decide.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Franstrahan   Please if I can advise as I have added to your posts you sent a few the same questions.

Please contact any of the following mental health charities .

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

All have work employment advisors floating support. Who would work with your team of counsellors.

Anxiety, depression is a condition that you can live with and cope with.

There are answers and solutions to your problems.

One of the charities listed Richmond Fellowship has in house advisors, recovery programmes.

Employment support and recognised that not ever one can deal with offices or crowded work places.

You mentioned several possible avenues of work.

Certain lines of enquiry and recent information many charities especially those with a disability clientele.

Always looking for people to work for them.

https://www.mencap.org.uk.

Has a unique employment and volunteer services. Called Side kicks you are assigned to a number of clientele who have similar issues to you.

Mentioned Gardening, working with horses the therapy recently.

Often those in the charity have and need mentors to help those doing anything like that.

Paid jobs and roles or can be volunteers.

I did volunteers met a few staff members side kicks assisting those with Gardens. All or most branches have Garden centres.

Where plants, herbs and produce grown to sell to the public in green box schemes or used as kitchens for lunch.

Which public visit for lunch, another sources of income.

You do get training anything they can help you with.

Side kicks many hobbies, interest s . Might be worth talking to them.

One other same with Mental Health charities.

Please if you need to ask me any thing, please do.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @poppy123456
    Ok sorry for multiple posts. The message said try again in a few minutes so I did but nothing happened. Was about to ring p.o home phones as thought my connection was down.
    Ok I will carry on with the claim. It is a new claim and I've got an extension so dont have to get it back till Feb 17. 
    Thanks Poppy

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.