Any tips for getting rid of lower back pain - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any tips for getting rid of lower back pain

2»

Comments

• Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    @AndyGT
    Thank you Andy. It's always recovered before over time so will have to be patient. In 2011 a client paid for me to see a chiropractor  who straightened me out (literally) and gave me some tips. But he did say if you've been walking round with that twisting since 1984, everything will twist back to how it was. Most of the time now it's no problem. Dont know what I did to aggravate it again. I love this forum, i can always find someone to talk to regarding any problem it seems. 
  • AndyGT
    AndyGT Community member Posts: 736 Pioneering
    It can be the simplest of things that 'sets' it off.  You bend awkwardly, you over stretch or just turn different way when in bed and then it all snowballs. You just have to remember that there things out that can help.
  • Bettahm
    @AndyGT
    I think I will have to be a bit more careful now theres arthritis there as well. I'm hoping to work again as a gardener but it will have to be light work only as and when.
  • AndyGT
    I work full time in an office, but even with that it's a struggle.  Especially as the week goes on.  The hardest thing is when my concentration goes. It's horrible, I can't focus on anything.  I hope you manage to sort your work out suitably. 
  • Bettahm
    @AndyGT
    You're doing very well to have full time employment pinned down. But I can understand it must be a struggle. What do we do, we need the money at the end of the day.
  • Bettahm
    My back is feeling loads better if not perfect yet. BIG Thank You to everybody here that gave help and advice. 
    I have got off light this time as last time it happened was bad for two months. I guess I should take more care of it considering the twisted neck, spine and pelvis, and they said arthritis in the spine in 2011.
    But no idea what I did to start it off last Friday.
    Thanks again to all x
  • AndyGT
    Glad they back is feeling loads better.  Take care and look after yourself.
  • Bettahm
    @AndyGT
    Thank you Andy.
    I think I got off very light this time, considering how it's been in the past. Yes I must be more careful what I do.
    I hope your pain can be sufficiently controlled, and i am humbled by all on here who live constantly with chronic pain x
  • AndyGT
    Everyone here lives with some such problem...... If someone has an issue with whatever!! There will always be someone here  that can be spoken to.  That is what I like about it.  You can only be 'just so' careful because it could be the simplest thing that aggravates it.....  Today the pains causing a lot of problems because it was damp first thing and very cold (-4).  So the worst if everything.  The weather is now bright and chilly (1 degree,) so at least it is improving.   Anyway, all the best..... Andrew
  • Bettahm
    @AndyGT
    That is what I like about this forum too. There always seems to be someone who can help with whatever. Back pain is so common and it doesnt take too much to upset it, even sneezing, but I think I will watch any obvious stuff from now on, heavy lifting and the like. I love living alone, but one small problem is you do have to do everything!  I know the cold and damp can 'get into your bones' so do take care of yourself.
  • Peteofpeth
    Peteofpeth Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    I have constant mechanical lower pain. It has become so weakened  that any operation has been  Ruled out. Genral life  is becoming more difficult my mobility worsens I have recently been made redundant  due to this. I don’t have the skills or knolage to work in office.  And wondering ifanyadvve on benefit   Thanks 
  • Bettahm
    @Peteofpeth
    Hi Pete, I'm going to tag our @poppy123456, she will be able to help you.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    I have constant mechanical lower pain. It has become so weakened  that any operation has been  Ruled out. Genral life  is becoming more difficult my mobility worsens I have recently been made redundant  due to this. I don’t have the skills or knolage to work in office.  And wondering ifanyadvve on benefit   Thanks 
    Thanks @Franstrahan for the tag,

HI and welcome @Peteofpeth
    PIP maybe a possibility but it's not awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. Evidence will be needed to support a claim and a face to face assessment is most likely. A successful claim could take several months, maybe more. It's not means tested so living with partner that works, savings/capital will not affect it.

See link for information.

For anything else then it will depend on your circumstances and it's impossible to give any advice with no information. I'd advise you to visit a local advice agency near you for a full benefits check. They will advise you correctly based on all your circumstances.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • LoraMoser
    LoraMoser Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    edited March 2020
    You're going to see a professional aren't you? Your back is too important to take any risks. My lower back thing (why I read this thread) is a 1 out of 10 so I'm happy to try and find the solution myself. But it's a complicated area and I'm not sure how well we can know that source of pain without professional help, compared to a hamstring or something, for instance.
    Also careful mixing different NSAIDs. Maybe I worry too much but it does warn you about that in the leaflets that come with them. AFAIK creams count because they are absorbed, or what would be the point. Be careful mate.
    Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.
  • dkb123
    dkb123 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 166 Pioneering
    The two methods I use is a TENS Machine and rubbing ,I have also found massage using the Trigger Point routine  is very effective 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.