Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Received my assessment report!!!!
Hi, I had my f2f Monday, received my assessment report today! I’m shocked to say the least! It seems like it’s written by 2 different people!
I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety in 2012, and alcoholism in 2015.
My anxiety is severe, I’ve not left my house alone in over 4 years and I barely leave at all, my husband manages all the finances, all the cooking, cleaning etc. The f2f was a massive trigger for me. Anyway, at the assessments I was kept waiting an hour and 15 minutes to see the assessor, went in and answered all the questions I could while trying to stop the looming panic attack! The assessor kept telling me to breathe, try stay calm etc and said she could see I was clearly suffering from mental health problems. Fast forward me getting a copy of the report.......... I scored 2 points on the engaging face to face with others and that’s it!!!!!! The report is full of contradictions, and a few things I’ve told her she didn’t even put in! I just called and managed to speak to a DM. she was very friendly and wrote down everything I told her to put in with my paperwork, however she said that she shouldn’t tell me over the phone but it’s unlikely that the decision will change, wait for my award letter then ask for a MR! Why are these assessors allowed to carry on like this! It’s made my anxiety levels peak and I now feel that all is lost and I should just give up!
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.