Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How long does it take yo get a decision

I had my assessment 3 weeks ago for LCWRA and I've got a copy of the report which indicates I'm in criteria for LCWRA and just wondering if anyone could tell me how long it takes the letter to arrive telling me if I've got this or not x 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

They mostly go with the report but there's no timescales for any decision. All you can do is wait.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,924

Scope community team

Hi @julese34. Unfortunately any time-frame given is just a rough guide and it can vary wildly, so it could still be a bit of a wait. 
    I'm really pleased they have recommended LCWRA though. The decision maker usually goes with the recommendation so that's good news.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • julese34julese34 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Thank you so much for getting back to me... I need them to say yes and hurt up as I've had to reduce my hours at work and with earnings and UC I'm financially broke I can not even afford to pay all my Bill's x
  • julese34julese34 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Does LCWRA mean limited capability for work and work related activity? 
    julese34 said:
    Does LCWRA mean limited capability for work and work related activity? 

Yes, that's correct. If it's UC that you're receiving then if they do go with the report then you'll receive the extra £336 from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you sent your first fit note. When it's paid from will depend on when your assessment period is for UC and when you sent your first fit note.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    You will also receive a work allowance as well. This means that you can receive a certain amount of earnings each assessment period before your UC will be reduced. What you receive will depend on circumstances. If you receive the housing element in your UC your work allowance will be £287 per month. If you don't receive the housing element it will be £503 per month. Details here. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Work-allowance-Universal-Credit

Sign in or join us to comment.