Hello everyone ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello everyone ?

Options
funkyunicorn76
funkyunicorn76 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi im Charlotte im 43 years young from Devon.I have a whole list of problems i have BPD, anxiety and depression, complex PTSD, Fibromyalgia, PCOS, IBS , restless legs .
Im really struggling with my mental health at the minute because on top of all these conditions last year i was having a shower &felt something kinda pop in my back i then strarted developing weakness downmy leg &embarassingly started wetting myself my daughter phoned ambulance was admitted and found out after havingMRI scan my discs were crumbling!I was given painkillers&sent on my way, i have recently since then moved to Devon having fled a domestic abuse relationship and have requested another MRI because im in so much pain 24/7 ,still waiting for results, im also having numbness&tingling in my hands &feet dont know what that is!?I just feel so down its embarassing and annoying i used to be so active now i ise a stick &struggle to get out and about,any tips or ideas on any of this would be lovely i know! your not professionals but any advice would help.Little things like i i dnt know i could ask for an assesment from an OT for aids to help round the house i cant even get in and out the bath!!
Thank you for reading this, sorry its it long but needed to get it off my chest!?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @funkyunicorn76 Hello and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear about your struggles. You can request a care need assessment from social services through your local council. You can request this online. They will assess and recommend equipment and aids and any adaptions you may need. You can do this through the following www.gov.uk search for apply for needs assessment. You may also like to speak to your GP who should be able to advise support 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hello @funkyunicorn76   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry to hear this.

I am one of the team of Community Champions also.

I am going to give some information and organisations to help you with your health issues.

Please read carefully. also some of these links are useful because will give you a lot of support, advice guidance.

Please may I suggest write these down.

Mental health charities offer floating support and welfare, health and benefit advice.

Please may I advise would help here in this situation your in.  Speak on your behalf housing people or help with OT or councils.

Might not be in all areas.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Telephone  020 7697 3300

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

Telephone 0121 522 7007

Fibromyalgia

https://www.fmauk.org

Helpline 0300 999 3333

IBS

https://www.theibsnetwork.org

Helpline 0114 272 3253

Restless Legs

https://www.rls-uk.org

Please can I add I have mental health and disability .  Addiction history. Qualifications in diet and nutrition, something I do stress is important.

Might be worth speaking to your local Community Health unit.

Wellbeing unit will advise you.

Know myself from advising members of our Community  IBS is an individual condition. Could suggest changes and diet requirements but these might effect you.

According to what I know, fresh fruit vegetables you do not have a problems with.

Water plenty of. Live Natural Yoghurt has bacterial culture in it, not Greek style or 0% fat. Company called Onken do one.

Cut down on high fibre cereals, avoid bran, any pulses, beans and peas.

With mental health well balanced diet include whole grains, Rice, Pasta, Bread but might be susceptible to those I know.

Lean meat and Fish, plus night time take milky drinks warmed through with honey again this might be a problem if lactose intolerance or have any problems with dairy.

Eggs might be another issue.

Avoid Cakes, Biscuits etc does not help either.

Have you been on the fod map website, it is called.

Please look on line plenty of advice.

I would always do an food exclusion diary. Make an entry anything upsets you.

Then use that to give your body some nutrition.  Use that to know what effects you.

In mental health certain foods to avoid. Caffeine, in Tea, Coffee, Cola, and Chocolate . Same avoid alcohol.

When anxious or depression consume more effects your mental health.

I would add always speak to your GP.  Surgeries often have a wealth of expertise and knowledge besides the Doctor.

Hope that helps. Please if I can help with anything please get in touch.

Happy to be supportive, offer compassion and empathy.

Please take care.

@thespiceman  

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @funkyunicorn76 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I am sorry to hear of everything that has happened to you and I don't have much to add to the fabulous advice you have been given above by other members.  We are here also on the Community for you, so if you ever need to chat then please do so as there will always be someone here to chat to and listen.  You will find us to be a friendly, supportive bunch of people.  I hope you manage to look into the information you have been given above in your own time and manage to source some support.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on and if there is anything we can help/support you with further then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • funkyunicorn76
    funkyunicorn76 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    Hi everyone, wow im so amazed at your help thank you! Just an update really I have had an assesment from mental health team and they cant give me support just told me to use helplines if i feel suicidal or want to self harm thats a joke due to all that is going on with me my complex post traumatic stress disorder is rearing its ugly head and this means with my BPD my other person has come out and she finds men on online dating apps and flirts with them and has numerous one night stands with men!but they wont help me with that apparently.My stomach problems may be due to taking Naproxen it has seriously affected me i have been very sore and bloated and being sick when taking meds and when eating so adviced me to stop taking them and due to a fall in the shower were i hurt my back and hip more im imw tempararily on Tramadol.Again thank you for letting me vent on here xx
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hello @funkyunicorn76   Thank you for sharing.

Please may I add have you contacted the charities I suggested and everything else.

Because you have been refused mental health from a service does not mean entitled else where.

I used these charities because got no help from services, Council ones.

Complex and severe trauma which you have are being denied by Council Services, trust me my own issues.

Would not even touch or bother me or support me. So went to mental health charities constantly.

Many have the resources.

I am concerned have care the problems .

Please if can implore if you do contact any of the links.  There are a lot different and staff are often themselves have mental health.

Know been a lot of inhouse advisors. From many sources and resources.

Understand everything please if I can be offering on important thing .

Compassion empathy and sensitive.

Please keep in touch keep safe and warm.

Please take care.

@thespiceman  

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.