Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Will ESA stop?
Hello i wonder if you can help me -im on the edge of a very steep cliff and a letter i received in post today has pushed me over the edge - i turned 58 last week have suffered lifelong anxiety depression social phobia body dysmorphia and other conditions - have zero quality of life havent wanted to be here for a longtime my ex left for someone else because i couldnt sit in a restaurant never.mind go on holiday - ive never so much as been on a plane ive accepted my limitations- my wonderful children are 25 and 34 - i couldnt even attend their graduation/wedding which destroyed me but they understood - 2 years ago i stopped eating/drinking completely - even water for 3 months because i wanted to die when the ambulance came i was hours from death was hospitalised with severe acute kidney injury dehydration and malnutrition - i had 24/7 pysychiatric care at my bedside & had support of crisis homecare when i got home - a social worker helped me get on benefits - ive recently been re awarded esa and put on support group but after a home assessment for pip renewal i was awarded zero points despite fact im housebound/a total recluse with no life and my arthritis is much worse -id been standing on the edge of a very steep cliff and this has pushed me over the edge-the events ive mentioned are just the tip of the iceberg ive wanted to be gone for a longtime and this has confirmed that no matter how hard i try the world doesnt want me - if it wasnt for my children id be long gone - ive placed a mandatory reconsideraton based on my recently awarded SG ESA but my worry is that my esa will reduce/stop - i dont have any fight left in me - please advise
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.