Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

lexi0115
lexi0115 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hopefully someone can understand this for me I have received my pip report today and the assessor has ticked all top boxes in Questions but does say I am on antidepressant tablets and have really bad anxiety and depression from what I can tell I have scored 0 is this right or isit different 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

If all the top boxes are ticked then there will be no award recommended. You will need to wait for the decision to be made but they usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it. Once it's made you have 1 month from that date to request the Mandatory Reconsideration.

Do be aware that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @lexi0115. Really sorry to hear this, how are things at the moment? Is there anything we can do to help?
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome sorry to hear about your PIP assessment, if when you get the letter look through and see if yiu think you should have scored points for the descriptors and if so as suggested put in a MR

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.