Pip an careers element — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip an careers element

hello20
hello20 Community member Posts: 98 Connected
Hi 
May I ask my partner recieves standard pip both components
An  recently im on pip standard rate for daily care an due to my helath condition I recieve the extra lwrca on Uc 

can I ask my partner to claim careers element an will this contradict my partners pip for both components
as Partner stay around me  to help an prompt etc an can partner claim careers element if I receive the lwrca 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, your partner can receive the carers element of UC and your partner will need to report the changes on your journal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hello20
    Thank you
    Partner needs report it in my journal or hers 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    There's only 1 journal when claiming as a couple and you both have access to it, so it doesn't matter who reports it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @hello20. Sorry to disagree slightly with Poppy, your partner needs to report the change. 
    This isn't done via the journal, so your partner will need to log in to their account. Go to Homepage > Report a Change of Circumstances > Caring for someone. And then follow the instructions and fill in the information it prompts for there. 

If you do it on your account it will report as you caring for yourself. 

There's no harm in also putting a note on your journal and it can be either of you that does this. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • hello20

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.