CPISRA Family Outdoor Recreaction Camps
CPISRA, the Cerebral Palsy International Sports and Recreation Association, held its inaugural outdoor recreation camp in September 2019. The camp saw 20 adults with cerebral palsy come together for a week of activities including canoeing, high ropes, giant swings, cycling, bushcraft and sailing. All activities were fully accessible meaning every one to be challenged and take part. Participants said afterwards how the activities were empowering, that they loved being able to spend time with other people with CP and that they met as strangers and left as friends.
In 2020, CPISRA will be running two fully accessible outdoor recreation camps, one for adults and one for young people to attend with their families. The adult camp will be at the Calvert Trust in the Lake District from the 31st August – 4th September and has a few spaces remaining. The inaugural family camp will be at the Calvert Trust in Exmoor on the 7th – 10th August and is for children and young people with cerebral palsy and related conditions to attend with their families. This will provide an often much-needed break from routine for families and allow for quality time while every member of the family gets to take part in the same activity. It will show the children and young people what is possible in terms of outdoor physical activity and will allow them and their families to socialise with their peers.
Registrations are open for both camps.
Contact [email protected] for more information on either camp today!
The above post has been moderated and checked by the Scope Community Team.
Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.
Specialist Information Officer and Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead
Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments