PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP assessment report received

DingobellDingobell Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi

my wife is currently in the process of making a PIP claim. She has had her assessment and we requested the report ahead of the decision in case we need to appeal .

She has scored 10 points in both sections and in the main the report is relatively fair though there are inconsistencies .

My wife scored 0 regarding making complex financial decisions , yet the assessor clearly stated early on in the report that it was I who did all the budgeting etc and my wife was incapable .

My questions are do I wait for a decision and then bring this to their attention or do I flag this up with them now?

Secondly, will the case manager go with the points as per the report or will they come to their own conclusions , perhaps even spotting the inconsistency themselves?

Thanks

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

The mostly go with the report, it's rare to go against it, although it does happen. You can DWP to ask to speak to a case manager or ask for a call back. Once you speak to them you can point this out, whether or not it will help, i don't know.

If the decision goes with the report your wife will have 1 month to request the MR.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Dingobell, I hope @poppy123456 has been able to help here. Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything we can do to help. :)
    Scope

Sign in or join us to comment.