PIP assessment report received — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP assessment report received

Dingobell Member Posts: 1 Listener

my wife is currently in the process of making a PIP claim. She has had her assessment and we requested the report ahead of the decision in case we need to appeal .

She has scored 10 points in both sections and in the main the report is relatively fair though there are inconsistencies .

My wife scored 0 regarding making complex financial decisions , yet the assessor clearly stated early on in the report that it was I who did all the budgeting etc and my wife was incapable .

My questions are do I wait for a decision and then bring this to their attention or do I flag this up with them now?

Secondly, will the case manager go with the points as per the report or will they come to their own conclusions , perhaps even spotting the inconsistency themselves?



  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,142 Disability Gamechanger

    The mostly go with the report, it's rare to go against it, although it does happen. You can DWP to ask to speak to a case manager or ask for a call back. Once you speak to them you can point this out, whether or not it will help, i don't know.

    If the decision goes with the report your wife will have 1 month to request the MR.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,545 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Dingobell, I hope @poppy123456 has been able to help here. Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything we can do to help. :)


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.