Physical help required — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Physical help required

Hello first time I have messaged, My family and I all live together and we all are disabled. It is not working and we are moving into two flats. My question is we have no close friends or family who are able- bodied to help us sort and move our things. We don't have a lot of money and we were wondering if there are free or cheap ways of getting this help. 


  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,172 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome, the only suggestion I have is to ask you council if they are aware of any avaliable help
    Be extra nice to new members.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Goldie79   Pleased to meet you.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.

    Sorry to hear this no help. 

    I am one of the Community Champions on the forum.

    We support, advise and help members of our Community.

    Please may I suggest speak to the following organisations.  Often there in a crisis or a problem in the Community.

    Please hope that helps.

    Please take care.


    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 15,152 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Goldie79 Welcome to the community, I am a community Champion here at scope. Can I ask are you moving into private rented or social housing ?. When I moved into social housing through the council I had a housing officer (as I was near to being homeless) as a result the council organised a moving company and paid for it, I did the general packing eg pots and belonging but they did all the other stuff eg dismantling wardrobes, beds etc and setting them up at new place. There are also companies who will do all your packing for you at a cost obviously. I suggest you contact your local council or charities to see if there is any assistance. Good luck with the move
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,557 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Goldie79, how are things going? :)


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.