Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
After 12 months
HI, hoping someone can offer assistance and help control my anxiety. I have been on ESA since May due to depression and severe anxiety. I had t quit work. I was assessed for Universal Credit and whilst they agreed I ws unfit for work till end of this year, I was not entitled to any UC due to my wife earning (not a huge amount, but we have learnt to cope on one salary) anyway, I realise after a year I will no longer receive ESA payments, based on my current state and ongoing treatment, returning to work that soon is very slim. Question (sorry for taking so long) after the 12 months, am I still entitled to claim prescriptions etc? Money is tight and hoping I am not expected to have to pay for medication with less money coming in. Any advice would be appreciated thanks again
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.