Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, I have been called in for a health assesment with universal credit. It's the first time as I've been off 'sick' from work due to my arthritis and am looking at dismissal due to not being able to safely do my job (we have looked at adjustments and other work placements but am unable to due to pain/inflammation in both feet, hip and right fingers). Its next week and my mum was going to take me but I had a letter yesterday saying that they have authorised a taxi to take me both ways at my request? I haven't requested a taxi? I didnt even know i could do that, it would obviously be a great help to me as the assessment centre is 22 miles away 43 mins each way and no parking nearby. I'm unsure of what to do now and why they would authorise a taxi when I've not asked for one? Im really anxious about it x
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.