PRESS REQUEST: The rewards and challenges parents face once their disabled child is over 18
I am a freelance writer looking for families to share their experiences of caring for an older or adult child with a physical or learning disability.
My aim is to produce a positive and sensitively-written feature for one of the women's magazines about the rewards and challenges parents face once their disabled child is over 18.
As a former social worker specialising in adults with learning disabilities, my work was frequently hampered by a lack of funding and services for people with disabilities once they are deemed to be an adult - and touched by the dedication and commitment of their families to making sure their loved ones reach their potential.
I would like to raise awareness of this issue and champion the families and their amazing children. If you would like to share your story please get in touch via email or phone - I will call you back for a brief, no obligation chat to explain in more detail and see if this is for you.
Mobile number: 07711 334200
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments