Disabled Drivers - We're interested in your thoughts — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled Drivers - We're interested in your thoughts

Options
Chloe_Scope
Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger

A leading UK car manufacturer is LOOKING FOR YOU to help develop their next generation of vehicles for 2020 and beyond. 

Their vehicle design team are really keen to speak to disabled people and their families and carers to ensure that their feedback is taken into account for the next stage of the vehicle design.

Events are taking place in Sutton Coldfield and Esher from Monday 17th to Sunday 23rd February, with a £100 as a thanks for taking part. 

Interested? 

Get in touch with Alicia of Kay at BEAM Fieldwork on 0161 850 9864. 

Scope

Comments

• newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    Options
    Not something I could reach, but over the years,  I noticed  the  vehicles at disability road shows.    Too dear, too  bulky, virtually never including  a drive-in, self-driving possibility.  Virtually never really made for disabled people , but instead needing complex and extremely costly individual retro-fitting.   

Being disabled doesn't mean getting  a supply of servants ,  certainly  not a personal chauffeur!

Things could sensibly be included in standard design for the whole population,  including  the  female  majority, and for the times when people  are   not as strong,  through illness, age, or accident.  For example,  hand brakes which average women  cannot  easily operate. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m sorry I cannot attend. It seems like a nice event though. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.