Should I have had a letter confirming tribunal back payment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I have had a letter confirming tribunal back payment?

Michelle_81
Michelle_81 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I'm new and please bare with me as have anxiety. Can I please ask a question? I had my pip  tribunal on 23rd Jan, I won my case and was awarded a years backdated whilst I understand that can take between 4-8 weeks to come through, I've not had any letter from DWP to say when I'll be paid my regular payments or anything, the judge stated I will get just over a years back payment and 4 weekly payments from the date of tribunal, obviously this is next week but surely I should have had a letter confirming this? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    HI and welcome,

Great news! It can take between 2-8 weeks sometimes longer to receive backdated money and about the same length of time to put the award into payment. You will eventually receive a letter but this could take several weeks. It doesn't mean you'll receive your first award payment next week.

Hopefully not much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Michelle_81 Hello and welcome to the community good news that you won at your tribunal , in my experience the courts don't really have much idea about actually putting an award into payment, the advise Poppy has given you will be much more accurate. I hope you are not waiting too much longer, I would also try and calculate roughly how much you are expecting in back pay as when mine was calculated I found an error in he calculation. 
  • Michelle_81
    Michelle_81 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    thank you for your replies, I phoned the DWP and in order for it to be processed I had to answer a few questions, had I been in residential care home in the last12 Weeks, had l been in prison in the last 12 Weeks, bank details and telephone no, She then thanked me and said " I can now process it, it want be long now, lets hope not
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great news @Michelle_81! Fingers crossed it won't be much longer now you've clarified those details with them. 

Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.