PIP Review Appointment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Review Appointment

NannySue
NannySue Community member Posts: 24 Connected
Hi I am new on here , I returned my review papers mid December and have been awaiting an acknowledgement so I have just rung DWP who told me to ring the Assessment Service . I was informed the delay was because a home visit had been requested. I replied that I was unsure as to  why a home visit was ticked as  I had attended an assessment centre previously. The lady then went away and said she had changed the request to an assessment centre and I now have an assessment next week. I'm relieved that I will be seen sooner but I am just perplexed as to why they requested a home visit. I'm now worried that I should have kept with the home visit as it may now go against me by saying that I can attend a centre or am I overthinking!! 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Sometimes they agree on a home visit based on the evidence you send. My daughter had a home visit the first time i applied for PIP for her. Personally i would have kept the home visit but only because it's much easier than having to attend one of the assessment centres. Whether this will go against you, i have no idea.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • NannySue
    Thanks for your reply , I did say that I was happy to keep the home visit but I would not want to take that if there was somebody who needed it more than me as I can be transported to an assessment centre and be accompanied, also the wait is agonising and not helping my conditions. I am a believer in what will be will be.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @NannySue Hello and welcome to the community, I understand your anxiety but dont be put off that you are attending an assessment centre as you have done this in the past and were awarded, and lots of people actually attend the centres and get an award. The fact that you gave up a home assessment for someone in more need is commendable. I wish you luck for your assessment
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @NannySue, changing your preferences for a home visit to an assessment centre will not and should not effect your review outcome. I hope you sent updated supporting information,  and  your most recent difficulties you are having in relation to the PIP descriptiors. After your assessment wait a week then request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter. 
  • NannySue
    Thank you all for your comments
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    It shouldn't work against you @NannySue. Best of luck with the assessment. Please let us know how it goes. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • NannySue
    I will Adrian thankyou
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck @NannySue
    Scope

• NannySue
    Just an update, I had my pip assessment yesterday it lasted an hour and a half. Today at midday I received a text stating that DWP have received my written report , I've just taken a chance and rung to enquire when I will be able to receive a copy and it is being posted out today.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @NannySue, thank you for updating us. Have you received the report yet?
    Scope

• NannySue
    Hi Chloe , yes I received it Tuesday. It looks as if I will retain my current award for 3 years if the DM goes with the report. The report was an honest, true reflection of the assessment.6 days from assessment to receiving report so I have been saved a great deal of anxiety, I just hope DM goes with it. Thanks for your support.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.