If I get a decision where im signed off from work will I be entitled to extra money? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If I get a decision where im signed off from work will I be entitled to extra money?

Options
Barry75
Barry75 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited March 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi there.ive been receiving UC since 2018.ive never been in receipt of esa before this!
I had my assessment in January 2020 if I get a decision where im signed off from work will I be entitled to extra money. 
Many thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

It will depend what the decision is. If it's LCWRA then you will receive an extra £336 per month. When it's paid from will depend when you sent your first fit note and what dates your assessment periods are because there's a 3 full month waiting period. LCWRA is then paid from the 4th month of your claim.

If the decision is LCW or fit for work then you won't receive any extra money each month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Barry75
    Options
    Hi.
    Thanks for your reply.I understand now!

Many thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Barry75 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I'm please Poppy has helped you with your query.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Barry75 Hello and welcome to the community, I see your query has been answered, keep us up to date with the outcome. Have a look around the site and feel free to join in any discussions
  • Barry75
    Options
    HI. 
    Yes I will update you with the outcome. 

Many thanks 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Barry75 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  So glad to hear that Poppy's excellent advice was of benefit to you.  We look forward to hearing from you again with an update and wish you well with it.  If there is anything further we can help/support you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Barry75
    Options
    Hi all.just a quick update regarding my health assessment.the decision they made was LC For work. 
    Many thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Great news, thanks for letting us know. Do be aware though that if the decision is just Limited capability for work, then you won't receive any extra money each month.
  • Barry75
    Options
    Hi poppy.in my decision it highlights I may get extra money.do I just ignore that?

• poppy123456
    Options
    That's part of a standard letter and applies to those that claimed before April 2017 only.

You would need to have been found to have limited capability for work and work related activity (LCWRA) to receive any extra money.
  • Barry75
    Options
  • Barry75
    Options
    I was getting child tax credit in 2017.do the consider this. Thanks
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2020
    Options
    As you're now claiming UC then tax credits no longer exist for you. If you have dependent children that are still in full time non advanced education then you should be receiving the child element of UC. If they are 19 years old or above then you won't receive any child element.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.