Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Assessor turned up at my house without making an appointment

HarrybearHarrybear Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2020 in Disabled people
An assessor turned up at my house without making an appointment, is this normal ?

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

If it was for a PIP or a work capability assessment then they usually send a letter or a text message at least telling you about the appointment.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,122 Disability Gamechanger
    @Harrybear Hello and welcome to the community, as Poppy has said you usually get a letter for an assessment, maybe it got lost in the post. DFid the assessor have a copy of any letter or anything they could show you. What was the outcome did the appointment go ahead or did you request for another  
  • AilsAils Member Posts: 2,268 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Harrybear and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you, but as other members have said, you should have received a letter advising you of the appointment.  Did you phone DWP to ask about this?  I hope you managed to get to the bottom of it anyway.  Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going.  If we can be of any further help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,924

Scope community team

Hi @Harrybear, as has been said, they do normally let you know in advance via letter or text. Can I ask if you checked this assessor's ID?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.