Not been paid ESA, Leap year maybe? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not been paid ESA, Leap year maybe?

iPanda
iPanda Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hi everyone, you probably get these all the time. I usually get paid every 2 weeks on a Saturday ( bank pays earlier than others) I received my PIP fine but my partners careers and our ESA wasnt present. Could this be because of the Leap year? Its worrying and we were lucky we got paid something as we would have been left all weekend with nothing, I'm worrying why of course naturally but wondered if anyone else is paid like this and didnt receive a payment today? And if you didnt get paid, you're not the only one so maybe a glitch! Hope you all got paid okay though! Not a nice feeling without warning! 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It's unlikely because of the leap year, but because your bank allows you to access the funds on a Saturday, payment isn't due really until Monday. If you haven't received payment Monday then give DWP a ring and ask them. There's most likely a simple explanation. Sorry i couldn't be of any further help but anything i advise can only be a guess.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community, it must be a worry n ot receiving your payment as expected especially at the weekend when you are unable to contact them. Im glad to hear you haver some funds to see you through the weekend and hope you can get it sorted on Monday. 
  • iPanda
    Thank you. And yeah due to the nature of some of the mental illness If something isnt usual or routined unfortunately i spiral a little, I rang the bank and they had no further information for me, So I'll wait till Monday and see what happens. Thanks for the messages. Havent had a problem in 2-3years with payment so it was most unusual & stressful as you can imagine. Thank you 
  • iPanda
    Just an update; 2nd March. 

I phoned first thing this morning, turns out I was awarded my PIP again after the dreaded review. They've cut it by £25, which out of principle I will appeal with my support worker. My ESA was effected by this, the guy tells me that they were notified of the change, it was a glitch. They tried putting me on severe premium of ESA but couldnt because my husband gets Care Allowance. I'm so confused, is being on severe premium better or beneficial? As he wouldnt tell me. Either way they are manually paying me today, so a glitch, but not because of the leap year in conclusion. That answers my question as to whether PIP and ESA communicate on that level, and will bare this in mind in the future. 
  • poppy123456
    For the SDP then you need to live alone or be classed as living alone. As you're living with your husband then to be entitled to SDP then he would also need to be claiming a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or Attendance Allowance. This must also apply to any other non dependents that live with you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • iPanda
    Thank you for clarifying. Weve done everything properly anyway, joint claim just I'm needing PIP and husband is out of work caring for me. Damn glitches.. but what a relief its sorted! So worrying isnt it. ?
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome,

Yes, it's worrying but a new PIP claim or changes in a PIP award, things like that can suspend another benefit claim such as ESA because they do communicate this way.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm glad it's all been sorted for you iPanda, it's always worrying when something changes with money.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.