Re my lowest rate p I p — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Re my lowest rate p I p

gerrys6
gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
Hi I was on middle rate daily living a couple of years ago 2017 (I think ) they reduced it to lowest rate daily living only nothing for mobility.
i was on Esa lcwra group then until this year after my face to face asssessment in January I have been moved to the support group. 
I requested a copy of my assessment and it was really in my favour and very fair on my mental health .
my p i p I think comes up for renewal this year but I’m wondering if I should put in a change of circumstances and see if I can get a higher rate . My mental health has gotten much worse as has my physical . I’m scared I’ll “rock the boat “ and end up with nothing as this is the reason I never contested it when I was awarded a lower rate the last time. Now I have the report to go on (though I know Esa is not the same criteria or points system I’m thinking I could use some of the report as it states the interview had to be “curtailed” and that I satisfied the criteria for the support group in many descriptors. Should I put in a change of circumstance s? 

Comments

• gerrys6
    gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
    Hi I was on middle rate daily living a couple of years ago 2017 (I think ) they reduced it to lowest rate daily living only nothing for mobility.
    i was on Esa lcwra group then until this year after my face to face asssessment in January I have been moved to the support group. 
    I requested a copy of my assessment and it was really in my favour and very fair on my mental health .
    my p i p I think comes up for renewal this year but I’m wondering if I should put in a change of circumstances and see if I can get a higher rate . My mental health has gotten much worse as has my physical . I’m scared I’ll “rock the boat “ and end up with nothing as this is the reason I never contested it when I was awarded a lower rate the last time. Now I have the report to go on (though I know Esa is not the same criteria or points system I’m thinking I could use some of the report as it states the interview had to be “curtailed” and that I satisfied the criteria for the support group in many descriptors. Should I put in a change of circumstance s? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

whether you’re entitled to a higher award will depend on how your conditions affect you. PIP is different to what DLA was, with different criteria.

A worsening of condition doesn’t automatically mean you’ll be awarded more points for a higher award.

Yes reporting a worsening of condition means more forms and another face to face assessment because most people have them.

No one on an Internet forum can tell you whether you should report a worsening of condition. You could lose everything you already have, as well as have your award increased or it could remain the same.

You should get face to face advice before doing anything else.

Good luck whatever you decide. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Firstly ESA and PIP are as you know two different benefits and the criteria for claiming and being awarded each are totally different. If your PIP renewal is due later this year I would start collecting supportive information and evidence to help in your review giving examples of why you should be awarded PIP again at the higher rate. You will have another face to face assessment so understanding the PIP descriptors will help you fill in your review application form. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome I tend to agree with the above if your PIP is up for renewal this year then I would wait rather than put in a change of circumstances as reporting a change will mean new forms and assessment much the same as a review

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.