Household Maintenance — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Household Maintenance

Options
geek84
geek84 Scope Member Posts: 100 Courageous
Hi Folks

I'm a male in my 50s and i have had a problem with my hands from birth.  As I am gettng older, I am finding it increasingly difficult to hold and use household mantenance tools such a screw driver, hammer, nails, drill etc.

I have asked some handymen to do some jobs for me around the house in the last few weeks, but it's making a dent in my finances.

Is there any help available for this type of condition?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,294 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

There's no paid help available for this sort of this as far as i know, if that's what you're asking. If your home is rented and you have maintenance issues then you should contact your landlord to report the repairs.

I also noticed that you asked the same question about 2 years ago. Have another look at that thread, there's some links in there that maybe useful. Here the link to that thread. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/52148/diy-household-maintenance-tools#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    Options
    I wonder if the occupational therapy sevice could be of any help here?
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you contacted the DLF or not? They might be able to help you. 
  • geek84
    geek84 Scope Member Posts: 100 Courageous
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,294 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    anisty said:
    I wonder if the occupational therapy sevice could be of any help here?

It's unlikely that they will be able to help with this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.