PIP review query — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review query

Options
Proteus
Proteus Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Hello,

I have a quick question about PIP reviews. I have a relative that was moved over to PIP from DLA a couple of years ago with an ongoing award which I understood to mean that a 'light' review would be conducted at around 10 years, yet a review has arrived and I wondered why it had arrived so soon, her medical status has not changed so this struck me as odd 

Thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,240 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Are they 100% sure that it was an ongoing award they were given. I'd advise them to check the award letter, although reviews can take place anytime, it's rare for them to review before the time stated on the ward letter. If the award letter states ongoing then i'd advise them to ring DWP to ask why they've been sent the review form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    Options
    Irrespective of what the length of award is the DWP are empowered to review the award at any time and for as many times as they want to. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.