Sport & Leisure Activity in the Amputee Community — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sport & Leisure Activity in the Amputee Community

StephenMc1974
StephenMc1974 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Good evening, 

My name is Stephen and I am carrying out a small survey into activity levels for amputees and how those activity levels are found.  The reason for the survey is that it is my HND graded unit for which i need to progress onto university.  

The survey itself will take 5 minutes or less to complete, just to gauge activity levels and asks for no personal information.  The survey will only be used for college work submission and as such will not be for general consumption.  The idea of the survey is to understand how a healthy and active lifestyle can be achieved even though there are many barriers involved.  So, if anyone who has suffered amputation and wishes to complete the survey then i sincerely thank you in advance.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LDN2P5S

If you do have any questions or feedback on the survey, feel free to message me and I will gladly explain or come back to you.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.
Stephen

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • StephenMc1974
    I'm very sorry, I will look to change that. I apologise and thank you for your guidance on it,
  • StephenMc1974
    I was told off by Adrian. Wrong place posted. For that i'm sorry to Adrian and the Scope staff. When i started this research i did not think that it would be so, whats the phrase, life changing?  I for one just assumed once the amputation happened then well it was all sorted.  More research and more deep dives in, provides a perception on life that i never know.  I remember one story when i had stayed in west end of Paisley the shopkeeper asked "whats that on your head?". A Baha. explained it, he was like wow, then stood out from behind the counter and he was a trans-tibial amputee. Id known him for years yet never knew and i was scared of a little public perception of a wee box on my head, its crazy how we all think but it is understandable for people to accept.  

So my name is Stephen and I am carrying out a small survey into activity levels for amputees and how those activity levels are found.  The reason for the survey is that it is my HND graded unit for which i need to progress onto university.  

The survey itself will take 5 minutes or less to complete, just to gauge activity levels and asks for no personal information.  The survey will only be used for college work submission and as such will not be for general consumption.  The idea of the survey is to understand how a healthy and active lifestyle can be achieved even though there are many barriers involved.  So, if anyone who has suffered amputation and wishes to complete the survey then i sincerely thank you in advance.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LDN2P5S

If you do have any questions or feedback on the survey, feel free to message me and I will gladly explain or come back to you.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Stephen
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @StephenMc1974,

I should've been clearer – you didn't do anything wrong! The above is just a standard disclaimer we attach to any external-linking content posted on this board.

No need to apologise. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hey @StephenMc1974 - thanks for redirecting your message on advice from @Adrian_Scope . I hope you get responses from your survey. It would be great to share your learning and findings too. Thanks for being brave to share.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.