Banishing isolation one dance lesson at a time — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Banishing isolation one dance lesson at a time

Lorne_Enable
Lorne_Enable Community member Posts: 7 Connected
edited March 2020 in Coffee lounge
There's no denying that this may be a lonely and isolating time for a lot of us. But, one way to beat loneliness is by getting your favourite song on and dancing along in any way you can!

Now, Lancashire-based dance group DanceSyndrome is taking their dancing lessons online in a bid to combat loneliness, too. The lessons will start on Monday 23 March.

Will you be taking part? We're wondering what else people can do to help combat loneliness, dancing seems like a great start!

#EnableCommunity
Editor, Enable Magazine 
Tagged:

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    How do I take part? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    @Lorne_Enable hi and welcome,

I'm assuming that the link you posted was supposed to be clickable? If so then it doesn't work for me.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    How do I take part? 

Naturally, it's an online dance group that you will do from home, however the link that's posted doesn't seem to be working.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Lorne_Enable
    edited March 2020
    @Lorne_Enable hi and welcome,

I'm assuming that the link you posted was supposed to be clickable? If so then it doesn't work for me.
    Hi! So sorry, I seem to be having some teething problems at the moment with technology. 

Does this link work? 
    http://enablemagazine.co.uk/charity-to-run-free-online-dance-lessons-to-combat-loneliness/ 

Thank you for letting me know about the link :):smile:
    Editor, Enable Magazine 
  • Lorne_Enable
    How do I take part? 
    Hi! The classes will start on Monday 23 March and you can get involved online. DanceSyndrome will be posting links to the sessions on their social media with classes available on YouTube and Facebook.

I will come back to this thread on Monday to post the links to make sure nobody misses out!
    Editor, Enable Magazine 
  • poppy123456
    No, sorry but the 2nd link you posted still isn't working.
  • Lorne_Enable
    Hi everyone,

The DanceSyndrome timetable is now live (please see below) and available to view here. And you can get involved by watching their YouTube channel. I hope this helps people to get active whilst still staying safe  <3

Monday 11:15am – Ballet techniques

Monday 1:00pm – Street Dance techniques

Monday 2:15pm Jazz techniques

Tuesday 11am – Everybody Dance (usually held in Chorley) – Jen Blackwell and Donna Harrison/David Darcy

Wednesday 10:15am – Everybody Dance (usually held in Preston) – Jodie Turner and Sophie Tickle/Anna James

Wednesday 11am – Everybody Dance (usually held in Hindley) – Jonathan Rodman and Donna Harrison/David Darcy

Wednesday 12:30pm – Contemporary dance techniques

Wednesday 1:30pm – Creative dance activities

Thursday 10:30am – Everybody Dance (usually held in Accrington) – Lizi Boothby and Helen Shepherd

Saturday 10:30am – Everybody Dance (usually held in Clitheroe) – Pauline Hall and Helen Shepherd

Editor, Enable Magazine 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lorne_Enable, this all looks great!

Just to let you know that I have updated the links and they should now be working. :)
    Scope

• Lorne_Enable
    Hi @Lorne_Enable, this all looks great!

Just to let you know that I have updated the links and they should now be working. :)
    Wonderful, thank you!
    Editor, Enable Magazine 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.