Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Single parent - how do I shop for my disabled son?
I’m abit concerned as a carer for my son who’s in isolation and has heart defect, learning difficulties and hearing loss? I’m also a single parent and I can’t go out and que up for hours whilst his at home to try and get shopping for us to then be disappointed that there’s nothing on shelves to get... is there anything in place for us and are we included in the same rules in place for elderly?
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 791 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 290 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.