Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Sorry for all the threads recently, just have a lot of things on my mind to share this one is about sleep.
I was told the normal amount of sleep someone should need is 7-8 hours. I go to bed at around 9pm and sleep deeply, through to about 8am. That is 11 hours. If I have any less than this I get really tired the next day and need to sleep during the day for a good couple of hours. Actually, I often have a nap during the day anyway of about 1 hour.
I was just thinking, that seems like a lot of sleep. I don’t have any condition which should affect my sleep - except all I can think of is that I have mental conditions which maybe cause me to become mentally fatigued.
So as well as asking about myself - if anyone knows if this is normal - I thought this would also make a decent discussion about what your sleep pattern is like, and whether you feel your disability has any affect on your sleep pattern? Also a place to share tips for those having trouble with sleep.
Thanks for reading!
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 752 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.