LCWRA! Benefit. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA! Benefit.

Options
Sxoxo
Sxoxo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I received a letter in my journal on the 11th Feb 2020 to say I have been accepted for lcwra. My sick note was handed in the job centre and accepted on the 9th of January 2020. When will my universal credit go up. Thank you!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2020
    Options
    HI and welcome,

It will depend when you started your claim for UC because there's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time. LCWRA is then paid on the 4th month of your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sxoxo
    Options
    Hi thanks for the fast reply I have been on universal credit from July 2018
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Sxoxo Welcome to the community.  we hope you enjoy using our online community. You may find  group useful place to ask qustions and see what others are saying.  Please so have a look at this this page - https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/managing-money-on-universal-credit/
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I will either need the exact date of when your claim started or your assessment period dates, otherwise it's not possible to help you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sxoxo - I just wanted to add my 'Welcome to the community,' as I see your query has been answered. Please do let us know if we can support you in any other way. :)
  • Sxoxo
    Options
    @poppy123456 Sorry just checked. 12th july
  • poppy123456
    Options
    My calculations are you will receive the extra LCWRA element in your May payment. This is because of the waiting period of 3 full assessment periods. As UC is paid in arrears the extra is paid in the 4th month.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.