Coronavirus — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Coronavirus

dafsta
dafsta Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hiya all. I have a disabled son who is in the vulnerable category. My wife is his full time career as he needs full time support. I work full time as a builder for a small building company with about 8 lads. At the moment I don’t know what to do regards work because unless we go on full lockdown I don’t get 80% of my wage. So where do I stand. I don’t want to go to work then come home and possibly pass anything on. He is in lockdown for 12 weeks should I be aswell. Thanks for any advice
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,324 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You work with other people, who could be seeing other people their self. I'm actually very surprised that you're boss is still expecting you to work. Working with 8 people and going home at the end of each day means you could very likely pass it onto your wife and son. So yes, you either need to move out, or not work. If you remain living in the family home then you need to self isolate your whole family.

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @dafsta. I hope you're keeping well. Have you made any decision regarding work and isolation? 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.