Applying for Universal Credit while self-employed — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Applying for Universal Credit while self-employed

Sampuransingh Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
i need to apply self employ universal credit


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,707 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

    Sorry but i'm a little confused by your question. Are you wanting advice about claiming Universal Credit?
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Sampuransingh   Pleased to meet you.

    Thank you for joining.

    Please can I suggest you need to contact this link.

    Apply on line and follow the links . Lots of information, advice.

    Please if you have any further questions please get in touch.

    Please take care.

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 12,461 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sampuransingh - Welcome to the community. I hope the above link helps you to register for Universal Credit. Please do also say if there's anything else we can help, or support you with.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Whether a claim for Universal Credit can be claimed will depend on the circumstances of @Sampuransingh

    If they live with a partner then they will need to claim as a couple. Whether they will qualify will depend on their circumstances. Household income, savings/capital. Savings of more than £16,000 will mean they won't be entitled to any UC. Savings of £6,000 and over and they will have a reduction of £4.35 for every £250 over that amount.

    Using a benefits calculator may help providing all the details are put in correctly. This will include a partners details, if they live with one.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.