Assessments for those who didn't already have an appointment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Assessments for those who didn't already have an appointment

laurapeach Member Posts: 104 Pioneering
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all,

I understand everything is still a bit up in the air at the moment but I wondered if you might be able to help.

I sent off my forms etc. and they received them at the end of January. I was told a couple of weeks ago that I was pending a face to face appointment but they were just waiting for an appointment to become available in my area, but then obviously since then all f2f have been cancelled. Will I now have to wait the 3 months that they have been suspended to get an appointment? Or do you think they might arrange a telephone/paper based assessment?

It is IAS who deal with the assessments in my area. Would it be worth giving them a call tomorrow to ask them what will happen or just leave it until I hear something?
Mum of one, I have M.E/CFS, POTS, Central Sensitization Syndrome and Joint Hypermobility Syndrome.


  • gillian72
    gillian72 Member Posts: 304 Pioneering

    @laurapeach  it's. by phone call, well that's what pip advice told me when I rang  them  but I think it's not gonna be any time soon. They will be all hands on to get money for all the family's who lost incomes an jobs , stay safe ?


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.