Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
28 year old with CP sensory loss doesn’t understand isolation and bored
I have a 28 year old daughter who is living in a care home 15 mins away from me, I see her regularly, she is quadriplegic with CP and profoundly deaf and of course is now in lock down for 12 weeks , I am not allowed to visit or take her out. She likes to be active and loves to be out and about. She doesn’t understand why she has been stuck indoors for 7 days and it’s not possible to explain to her why this is happening. I face time her with the help of a carer and yesterday she looked so fed up and bored. The carers are finding it hard to entertain her after exhausting every activity she enjoys and this is only week 1. I worry for her mental health I think all this will have a profound effect on her. I just wondered if anybody else is in a similar situation ?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.