Unequal impact: Coronavirus (Covid-19) and the impact on people with protected characteristics — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unequal impact: Coronavirus (Covid-19) and the impact on people with protected characteristics

JenCo
JenCo Community member Posts: 122 Pioneering
Hi all, I saw this on Twitter and thought I'd share it here: 

"An important government inquiry: "Unequal impact: Coronavirus (Covid-19) and the impact on people with protected characteristics". Do send evidence by 30th April 2020. So many deaf & deaf blind people have had reduced access or missed out on information."
https://twitter.com/rejadam/status/1245298397671763969

To submit evidence just visit:
https://committees.parliament.uk/work/227/coronavirus-and-the-impact-on-people-with-protected-characteristics/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

Hope you're all safe and well
Tagged:

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Thank you for sharing this @JenCo.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hi @JenCo - thanks for sharing this. Its great to see a consultation on this and also for you to relate it to Deaf and deaf blind people. As a Deaf person myself this has been a really challenging time. How have things been for you?
  • JenCo
    JenCo Community member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    Hi @JenCo - thanks for sharing this. Its great to see a consultation on this and also for you to relate it to Deaf and deaf blind people. As a Deaf person myself this has been a really challenging time. How have things been for you?
    I'm doing well thank you Abdi. Being home with my fiancee has been pretty good honestly, she's excellent at communicating in ways I can follow easily so whatever audio information I can't interpret she's amazing for helping me fill in the blanks. 
    How are you doing? I hope you're well and safe too
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Thanks @Jenco -  I am ok thanks. Enjoying being a home with the kids and wife. It's definitely challenging being Deaf at home, with little access and screaming kids - at least I can turn off my aids! lol.... Thanks for being part of the community.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.