Entitlements — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Entitlements

Options
David_Peters
David_Peters Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello everyone 

I hope your all doing well. I've just been awarded PIP living component standard rate for several health issues that I have. I've also been allocated Disability Premium (34 pounds/week) on top of my JSA (Contribution-based). I'm just wondering if there's anything else that I'm entitled to. I've looked online and its all a bit confusing to me. 

I live with my parents and therefore not eligible for Severe Disability Premium.

I'm almost completely deaf, I have Sciatica, Depression and other anxiety disorders 

If you are aware of anything else please let me know or point me in the right direction 

Many Thanks 

David  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Great news on your award. Benefit wise it seems like you're claiming everything you can for yourself.

Someone could claim carers allowance for looking after you, providing they don't earn more than £123 per week after deductions and they look after you for at least 35 hours per week.

Other than that, that's about all i can think of.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • David_Peters
    Options
    Hi Poppy 

Thanks for your response much appreciated 

David 

• David_Peters
    Options
    Also, please let me know of any other help which is none financial, which may be of use

My mother helps me day to day and receives a state pension so unfortunately, she wouldn't be able to claim carers allowance  

Thanks again 

David 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Claiming carers allowance will give her an underlying entitlement to it, even though she can't receive the actual money for claiming it. If she doesn't already claim pension credit, then she could become entitled to it for the first time.

You can get the CEA card which will allow you to take a carer to the cinema free of charge. It's a small cost per year.

Your PIP award will allow free entry for a carer into some attractions in the UK....when they open back up of course.

Other than that, there's not anything else i can think of.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.