Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Entitlements

Hello everyone 

I hope your all doing well. I've just been awarded PIP living component standard rate for several health issues that I have. I've also been allocated Disability Premium (34 pounds/week) on top of my JSA (Contribution-based). I'm just wondering if there's anything else that I'm entitled to. I've looked online and its all a bit confusing to me. 

I live with my parents and therefore not eligible for Severe Disability Premium.

I'm almost completely deaf, I have Sciatica, Depression and other anxiety disorders 

If you are aware of anything else please let me know or point me in the right direction 

Many Thanks 

David  

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news on your award. Benefit wise it seems like you're claiming everything you can for yourself.

Someone could claim carers allowance for looking after you, providing they don't earn more than £123 per week after deductions and they look after you for at least 35 hours per week.

Other than that, that's about all i can think of.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • David_PetersDavid_Peters Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi Poppy 

Thanks for your response much appreciated 

David 

• David_PetersDavid_Peters Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Also, please let me know of any other help which is none financial, which may be of use

My mother helps me day to day and receives a state pension so unfortunately, she wouldn't be able to claim carers allowance  

Thanks again 

David 

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Claiming carers allowance will give her an underlying entitlement to it, even though she can't receive the actual money for claiming it. If she doesn't already claim pension credit, then she could become entitled to it for the first time.

You can get the CEA card which will allow you to take a carer to the cinema free of charge. It's a small cost per year.

Your PIP award will allow free entry for a carer into some attractions in the UK....when they open back up of course.

Other than that, there's not anything else i can think of.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.