Degenerative disc disease and mobility — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Degenerative disc disease and mobility

CART65
CART65 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
HI ,GUYS SOME ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE ,I GET STANDARD RATE PIP FOR FIBROMALGIA AND ARTHRITIS IN MY KNEES AND HANDS ,BUT AFTER SUFFERING IN AGONY FOR MONTHS ,I HAD AN XRAY AND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH SIGNIFICANT DEGENERATIVE DISC DESESE IN MY NECK AND LOWER BACK AND SPONDALOSIS OF THE SPINE ,,I,M UNSURE AS TO TELL PIP  BUT KNOW THAT ITS GOING TO GET WORSE  ,ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE ,DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD AWARD ME HIGHER MOBILITY COMPONENT

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @CART65   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

My friend @poppy123456 is a member of our team,

Has expertise knowledge on benefits .

Please have tagged the lady now will be in touch.

Hopefully give some answers .

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CART65 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. It's important to realise that PIP is not awarded for any diagnoses, & it would be an idea to see if you feel you might gain additional points for difficulties with how your disabilities affect your function (in daily living activities &/or mobility). Altho it's said on your PIP decision letter that you should notify the DWP of any changes, there's little point if you don't think you may be awarded more points for either section.
    Unfortunately no-one on this forum can say that you might get the enhanced mobility component, only you know how your mobility is affected. If you report changes, you would need to fill out more forms & your PIP award might stay the same, go up, or go down.
    For PIP you also need to have had any problems for 3 months, so thinking things may get worse is probably not too helpful as yet.
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hi @Cart65 -  We are sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. Welcome to the community and I am sure our member will be able to support you.
  • CART65
    CART65 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    THANKS FOR THE ADVICE 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.