Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Totally confused about why I need to wait 3 months for lcwra payment.

barry47barry47 Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2020 in Universal Credit
Back in Aug 2018 I had to give up my job cause of a back injury. I claimed E.S.A I was also claiming pip. I was getting standard daily living and higher mobility rate. I had my E.S.A assesment after my pip assesment pip awarded me what I just said. However E.S.A awarded me 2 points for my disability and was told to claim J.S.A hardly able to walk I went to the job center with my partner. They took one look at me and told my partner to claim income support as I was in no fit state we also have a child under 1. I did a mandatory reconsideration on E.S.A claim with help from C.A.B. I won the appeal but decided to stay on income support my partner also got carers allowance for me. In January this year we split up I had to claim universal credit I gave them an up to date fit note which states I'm not fit to work I have also had an up to date assesment for pip in February still getting the same amount. Had a health assessment for universal credit which has come back limited capability for work and work related activity so why do I have to wait 3 months for lcwra payment when all the assesments have been done ?I also have other health issues.

Replies

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,954

Scope community team

edited April 2020
    Hi @barry47. Unfortunately it was the same on ESA (there was a 12 week wait period) and it's similar on PIP as your need for additional support has to have been for a minimum of 3 months before being eligible. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • barry47barry47 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Dwp has got back to me apparently it's cause of a break in benefits. My ex partner was getting income support so my esa stopped. So in have to wait the 3 months and it don't get back dated.
Sign in or join us to comment.