Totally confused about why I need to wait 3 months for lcwra payment. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Totally confused about why I need to wait 3 months for lcwra payment.

Options
barry47
barry47 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited April 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Back in Aug 2018 I had to give up my job cause of a back injury. I claimed E.S.A I was also claiming pip. I was getting standard daily living and higher mobility rate. I had my E.S.A assesment after my pip assesment pip awarded me what I just said. However E.S.A awarded me 2 points for my disability and was told to claim J.S.A hardly able to walk I went to the job center with my partner. They took one look at me and told my partner to claim income support as I was in no fit state we also have a child under 1. I did a mandatory reconsideration on E.S.A claim with help from C.A.B. I won the appeal but decided to stay on income support my partner also got carers allowance for me. In January this year we split up I had to claim universal credit I gave them an up to date fit note which states I'm not fit to work I have also had an up to date assesment for pip in February still getting the same amount. Had a health assessment for universal credit which has come back limited capability for work and work related activity so why do I have to wait 3 months for lcwra payment when all the assesments have been done ?I also have other health issues.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi @barry47. Unfortunately it was the same on ESA (there was a 12 week wait period) and it's similar on PIP as your need for additional support has to have been for a minimum of 3 months before being eligible. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • barry47
    barry47 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    Dwp has got back to me apparently it's cause of a break in benefits. My ex partner was getting income support so my esa stopped. So in have to wait the 3 months and it don't get back dated.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.