tell me your experience — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

tell me your experience

Options
mrconspicuous
mrconspicuous Community member Posts: 26 Connected
I would like to hear from people who have started from the bottom ie volunteering & the path that followed to where they are now.
having had a successful recovery I am now looking to build career in mental health nursing & plan on volunteering to start off so I'm interested in success stories etc...

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck.
    Pollsx
  • mrconspicuous
    Options
    Good luck.
    Pollsx
    thank you, hopefully il get a few insightful responses 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I don’t have any first hand experience but I have seen a few advertisement posters in the clinics I have been to telling about people who begin volunteering with a mental health team (often the one that they were under) and working their way up to eventually paid employment so it can definitely be done. I wish you the best of luck. :)
  • mrconspicuous
    edited April 2020
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    I don’t have any first hand experience but I have seen a few advertisement posters in the clinics I have been to telling about people who begin volunteering with a mental health team (often the one that they were under) and working their way up to eventually paid employment so it can definitely be done. I wish you the best of luck. :)
    thanks for your input :) its definitely encouraging...

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.