Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

tell me your experience

mrconspicuousmrconspicuous Member Posts: 26 Connected
I would like to hear from people who have started from the bottom ie volunteering & the path that followed to where they are now.
having had a successful recovery I am now looking to build career in mental health nursing & plan on volunteering to start off so I'm interested in success stories etc...

Replies

• pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 1,999 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck.
    Pollsx
  • mrconspicuousmrconspicuous Member Posts: 26 Connected
    Good luck.
    Pollsx
    thank you, hopefully il get a few insightful responses 
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 3,717 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2020
    I don’t have any first hand experience but I have seen a few advertisement posters in the clinics I have been to telling about people who begin volunteering with a mental health team (often the one that they were under) and working their way up to eventually paid employment so it can definitely be done. I wish you the best of luck. :)
  • mrconspicuousmrconspicuous Member Posts: 26 Connected
    edited April 2020
    66Mustang said:
    I don’t have any first hand experience but I have seen a few advertisement posters in the clinics I have been to telling about people who begin volunteering with a mental health team (often the one that they were under) and working their way up to eventually paid employment so it can definitely be done. I wish you the best of luck. :)
    thanks for your input :) its definitely encouraging...
Sign in or join us to comment.