Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Unsure about assessment result!
Hi, this is my first time on here and would be grateful for advice. I applied for ESA more than 4 month ago, had my assessment and have been receiving £73.10 a week since then. I have had a letter asking to confirm my works pension to make sure I am receiving correct amount. Does this mean I have been awarded ESA even though I have not received the result of my assessment or been told I been awarded ESA? I wonder if this has happened to anyone else and what it means. Also, if I do receive an award and it is for the higher amount, will I get back payment from when I should have started receiving it? TIA.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.