Mandatory Reconsideration during covid 19 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory Reconsideration during covid 19

plug34
plug34 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all , I am new here and wondered if anyone could advise me ?  I lost my mobility after having to apply and move from DLA in which i had lower rate care and mobility for the last five years  .after an assessment full of lies and inaccuracies on my report from the assessor. I got the decision on 20th March I was so upset over it and began trying to put together the reasons why I felt they had made the wrong decision but still too upset to do it and have now passed the deadline of one month for a mandatory reconsideration   because of Covid 19 I could not get access to my Psychiatrist who was never contacted by the DWP and had told me she would send a report if they contacted her . Is it too late for me to ask for a mandatory Reconsideration ? I have also been diagnosed with fibromialgia since the assessment on the 16th Jan and phoned the helpline to tell them,  it was not mentioned in the report or by the decision maker. The descriptors on Mobility just gave me four points I lost 10 points as they have decided I am able to go to unfamiliar places alone they have put "You came to the assessment in a taxi" , yes I did ,with my daughter and could not have done so without her , I dont cook any meals and my daughter told them she has to cook my meals and leave them for me to heat . I was asked if i could chop veg while sitting on a chair ,I said yes ,but why would I be chopping veg when I cant cook due to the safety issues so they gave me 2 for that . thats just a couple of examples of the horrible report sent by the assessor . I got standard rate care which gives me £11 more a week than what I was getting for lower rate mobility and care so im better of but do feel I am entitled to enhanced or at least standard  rate of mobility  . Two days before the decision came in I got a form from the DWP I am on ESA it said due to a change in my circumstances I may be entitled to severe disability premium. I ticked the boxes and sent it back but have not heard any more . I live alone and dont have a carer that gets any allowance and am in the support group of ESA does that mean I am entitled to SDP ? If so when will I hear about it ? Any advice would be gratefully accepted  
Tagged:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.