PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

HELP PIP ADVICE NEEDED

sarahmaccssarahmaccs Member Posts: 25 Connected
I struggling with my reading and writing so would I be able to get someone to fill my award review form in? also from now on I want my brother to call up for me to talk about my claim on my behalf, what do I need to do? thanks everyone for your continuous messages. much appreciated!

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 3,824 Disability Gamechanger
    You could get your brother to help fill in the form, as for talking about your claim you could do that each time you need to call on the phone if possible, although there shouldn't be many times if any that you need to speak to them.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,009 Disability Gamechanger
    Look for an actual welfare rights adviser to help with form completion. Avoid anyone who wishes to charge. Use this site to identify possible options. https://advicelocal.uk/

There are few times anyone will need to speak on your behalf to PIP. He can do so but only with your consent which will effectively mean you’ll need to be in the room anyway and speak briefly to them once or twice during a call to confirm your ID and your consent. 
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,300 Disability Gamechanger
    hello, you may have to have your brother made an appointee in regards talking on your behalf at or about your review or assessments.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,009 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    hello, you may have to have your brother made an appointee in regards talking on your behalf at or about your review or assessments.
    If the issue is literacy and communication then there cannot be an appointee. Appointees are for when a person lacks the mental capacity to handle their own benefit affairs. 
Sign in or join us to comment.