PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Some advice please regarding pip

louise1985louise1985 Member Posts: 50 Courageous
Evening
last year I applied for pip and got awarded standard on both parts with an end date of June 2022 
Over the past month or so my condition has got a lot worse and on the advice of my career I rang Dwp and told them my condition has got a lot worse the chap on the phone was lovely and said he would send me a form out for change of circumstances and it would be with me in the next 7-10 days he also made me aware that reporting any changes could either make my claim go up or I could lose it totally and they may ask me to have another assessment 

my question is how long does the prep was take and what are the chances they will send me for another assessment with only having one in December??

thankyou for reading and hope you have a good evening 

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,331 Disability Gamechanger
    Okay so several things:

1 - in future get advice before you call DWP. You should never notify any change of circumstances until you get advice.

2 - the stuff about losing it completely is largely panic mongering, There’s another thread on here where I work through the DWP stats on that. At the very worst that will happen in less than 2.75% of cases. The most likely outcome is no change.

3 - a deteriorating condition is not the issue. The issue is whether the deteriorating scores more points. Take a look at this and compare to your existing points breakdown. Can you see explicitly where you would score more points and would they be enough to move you from standard to enhanced? If not then there’s nothing to notify.

4 - any change in daily living or mobility needs just have been there for at least 3 months so at present, even if you could score more points, the deterioration hasn’t existed long enough for it to allow a benefit increase.

5 - it’s impossible to predict the chances of another HCP assessment as we can’t know what you said and what you’ve submitted but all assessments are by phone or paper at present anyway. 
Sign in or join us to comment.