Tips on where to start! — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Tips on where to start!

SharonD Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello - this is my first post and need a little advice please.  My adult daughter lives with us and i am her carer (she is 29).  She has fibromyalgia and poor mental health (and claims ESA in the support group).  Myself and husband are getting to the point where we need to sell our house and get somewhere smaller and more manageable and she is ready to move to somewhere on her own (near to us so i can still care for her).  We really have no idea how to go about it - The money she gets on ESA will not be enough to support her so presume she will get housing benefit?  how does it all work and what are the first steps?.  I really need to get her settled somewhere before we move.  Thank you.



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.