backpay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

backpay

Options
gio708
gio708 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have just been accepted onto pip and should have got my backpay on the 1st of may this wasn't paid so I made a call and was told I had given the wrong bank account number which was 1 number to short. I was told to ask my bank to see if they had received it and was holding it which they said if it was to short it would have got sent back. after phoning pip again they said they would listen to the phone recording and if it was my fault I would not get the payment also they advised the payment was received by someone so I have lost it I find that so unfair when the bank said if the account number is to short it cant be credited to anyone ..has anyone got any advice please 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @gio708 - Welcome to the community. I'm very sorry for the distress this must be causing you. Personally I would think your bank knows more about this than someone on the end of an enquiry line. I will ask one of the Scope team, as they may have come across this situation before.
    @Adrian_Scope or @Chloe_Scope Please would you help here, thank you.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The bank are correct, account numbers are all 8 digits long, if you were one short there's no way anyone else could receive the payment.

If the number was the correct length but one digit wrong, then it could easily have been paid to someone else, and unfortunately you then have to rely on that person being kind enough to return it.  It's not an easy process to take the money back in that case.

You'll just need to wait for them to listen to the phone recording and hope you clearly said the correct the number - if you did then it's their error and you will get the money eventually. :)
  • gio708
    gio708 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    thank you all for your advise @overlyanxious so if they listen to my call and I give the correct number minus one number should I be ok seeing they have paid it out with a to short account number 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    gio708 said:
    thank you all for your advise @overlyanxious so if they listen to my call and I give the correct number minus one number should I be ok seeing they have paid it out with a to short account number 
    Yes, if the number you gave was too short and they have added a random number then that is still their error and you will get the money eventually.   

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.