Backpay query — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Backpay query

Cupcakesyum1 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just won my tribunal in court and they was only paying me the standard rate and court have said it should be enchante rate so does this mean the have to pay me all the money back or just the 120 they want paying me thanks 


  • Ails
    Ails Member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cupcakesyum1 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  Congratulations on winning your tribunal!  That is excellent news!  I'm sorry, but I'm unsure about this, but maybe your best bet is to phone DWP to ask them how much they are going to pay you and if anything is backdated.  I hope you find out the answer to your question anyway and please let us know how you get on.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 12,265 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cupcakesyum - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. Congratulations on winning your tribunal! I hope it's not too long before you find out about the money you should receive. As Ails says you could always ring to find out about this, but they should notify you. :)
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Member Posts: 711 Pioneering
    Hello @Cupcakesyum1 welcome to the community. I hope the situation gets resolved. Please let us know how you are getting on. Happy to help if you need anything or need any assistance navigating through the community.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,572

    Scope community team

    Hello @Cupcakesyum1. If you were receiving standard rate up until your tribunal and they have awarded you enhanced rate, you will be owed the difference between the two. 
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.