Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Help my son is addicted to cola!
Hi everyone, I was hoping for some tips or strategies for managing my 25 year old intellectually disabled son;t coke consumption. He is so focussed on it, when he's getting his next one, whether there'll be any at Gran and Pop's house, etc. He's only just opened a bottle when he asks 'more shopping?' He's an adult now with his own money so I can;t really stop him going for the big bottle when we're at the shops, I couldn't stop him anyway as he is stronger than me (not that I'd try to physically restrain him). I have tried explaining about his health, too much will make him sick, the dentist says he musn't etc. I'm not seeking to eliminate, just strategies for lowering his consumption. It really is an addiction, but it is his main pleasure in life bless him.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.